Lead Electrical Engineer
Engineering company based in Atyrau is looking for Lead Electrical Engineer.
Qualification : Engineering Degree or Diploma
Experience : Preferably 8-12 years plus relevant, depending on the individual, prior experience or additional training, job assignments, etc. Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant Area/Unit Lead Engineer experience.
Reports to : Project Manager
Supervises : Project specific Electrical Engineers / Designers
Functional Duties : Supervises, assigns, and schedules work, usually for a major project or several minor projects, simultaneously, under general direction of the Project Manager. May supervise specialized technical sub-groups.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
• Directs, supervises, monitors and controls the complete electrical engineering and design activities of the electrical discipline group to produce the deliverables in accordance with the contract scope of work.
• Input to coaching, teaching, mentoring and effective supervision of assigned personnel.
• Assists in the developing and implementation of Electrical Engineering administrative and technical practices, specifications, and procedures.
• Monitors and implements Quality Checking Procedures and ensures they are adhered to.
• Responsible for developing Project Electrical Engineering CTR’s for review with Project Manager.
• Responsible for input into the Plot Plan development and maintenance.
• Assures that design continuity is maintained throughout the entire project.
• Reports to the Project Manager the status of Electrical Engineering activities and Deliverables.
• Ensures communication flow, both verbal and written, is maintained within Electrical Engineering and with other engineering disciplines.
• Coordinates Electrical design activities with other engineering groups.
• Identifies deviations in job scope, estimates changes, and initiates DCN(Design Change Notification) for review with Project Manager.
• Prepares and distributes design instructions pertaining to plant design requirements and drafting procedures.
• Represents Electrical Engineering in meetings with suppliers, subcontractors, licensors, clients, and other Company disciplines, and produces documentation required for conference or meeting notes.
• Submits Project Design standards, specifications, documents and drawings for issue.
• Assists in the development of the Electrical Engineering Section of the project completion report.
• On assignment to the field, co-ordinates or carries out work on site surveys, measurements, acts of acceptance, and other site engineering activities.
Electrical Specific Activities and Deliverables :
• Carry out Power System Studies
• Guide Engineers in input to Work Packages
• Carry out Electrical Calculations for Short circuit / Load flow / Protection setting etc.
• Provide input to Engineers / Designers for High Voltage Design
• Provide input to Engineers / Designers for Protection Drawings
• Check Single Line Diagrams & other Drawings / Documents produced by Engineers & Designers