SCADA Field Engineer
КИП, АСУ и автоматика
The SCADA Field Engineers will be responsible to provide technical input for all technical aspects of the marine terminal & pipeline automation integration scope working collaboratively with other members of the Project
The Field Engineers scopes call for:
· Knowledge & experience deploying, commissioning and starting up SCADA systems - hardware, software, networks & architecture.
· Strong knowledge and experience with Windows Operating Systems and relational databases
· Demonstrated experience in TCP/IP network and infrastructure design, support, and security
· Strong technical knowledge of pipeline industry engineering, operations, support policies & software applications for control systems, SCADA systems, SCADA communications, and I&E.
· Experience in coordinating with multiple disciplines.
· Experience and willingness working on construction sites.
· Experience with Man-Machine Interface design
Field Control Systems
· Programming Experience: Demonstrated experience programming PLCs, HMIs, and flow computers. Experience with Allen-Bradley and Wonderware a plus.
· Problem Solving: Demonstrated experience troubleshooting, problem solving, and responding to questions regarding PLCs, HMIs, flow computers, and field instrumentation. Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, ladder logic, and P&ID's.
· Provide project support for new field control systems, including preparation of functional specifications, cost and schedule estimates, reviewing and updating drawings, procurement of field control system hardware and control panels, programming PLCs and/or HMIs, testing, installing, commissioning and training.
· Knowledge of security for field control systems and compliance to corporate policies/standards.
· Experience with recommended practices for electronic instrumentation and field control systems hardware and software
· Experience with network design of IP Addressing and Routing Schemes for complex Wide Area Networks employing a variety of technologies (MPLS, VSAT, Rapid-PVST, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, EIGRP, RIP/RIPv2, OSPF, QoS, SNMP, Licensed & Unlicensed Wireless, Multi-drop, POTS, etc.) to ensure high availability.
· Hands-on configuration of communications equipment for connecting field monitoring and control electronics to the Control Center Computers including Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, IP/VPNs, and terminal servers.
· Network Design and support for PCN (VSAT systems and terrestrial communications networks) used in support of control systems
· Network Security Design and support including extensive knowledge of firewalls, load balancing, and general network security concepts (IDS/IPS, DDoS mitigation, NAC, and NAT)
· Experience in Disaster Recovery including reviews, test plans, and fail-over testing
· Knowledgeable in the development and implementation of Communications Strategies, Roadmaps, and budgeting, including evaluation and selection of software and hardware components to improve infrastructure reliability and performance.
· Experienced Network Engineer with specialization in the discipline of pipeline SCADA communications systems.
· Knowledge in Fiber optic networks and satellite systems
· Application of SCADA protocols along with knowledge of Ethernet, RS232, RS422, and dial line applications
· Development of IP Addressing schemes and application/troubleshooting of Routing Protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
· In addition, good working knowledge on field installations, lightning protection and grounding, and safe installation practices in an oil and gas field environment.
Key functions include:
Responsible to support a strong safety culture
Responsible for high quality technical solutions for the automation scopes
Responsible for quality performance
Manage engineering contractor relationships, ensuring transparent and ethical relationships are maintained with contractors and key stakeholders
Ensure adherence to the Contract and Engineering design
Facilitate timely decisions based on multi-party consensus
Keeping track of the status of both the field and the design works, ensuring consistent design and that lessons learned are propageted to all sites.
Drive high quality detailed design deliverables
Ensure good definition and management of interfaces
Ensure appropriate Operations input to the design; maintain strong communications with CPC Operations
The position is based in Novorossiysk, Russian Federation. Frequent travel will be required (~30%) to construction sites. Candidates interested in this position should consider living/working conditions in Novorossiysk and construction camps before applying.
Other areas of Importance:
• Maintain an open door communication rapport with Team
• Promote a professional atmosphere
• Participate in team building with internal and external parties to ascertain a successful working relationship
• Provide subject matter expertise for all automation scopes
• Comply and promote compliance with Company and Project specific procedures/processes to ensure success
• Min eight (8) years pipeline automation works, including at least four (4) years with SCADA systems
• Must have a methodical and well organized approach to the work environment
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interface with colleagues at all levels both in English and in Russian
• Must have experience with working in an integrated team environment
• Must be able to deal with short time frames and handle multiple competing priorities
• Proactive thinker
• Must be able to conceptualize processes and systems to meet project needs and effectively implement same.
• Be able to receive constructive criticism for professional growth