Sr. Drilling Engineer for Anotech ENERGY Russia
Anotech ENERGY is an engineering consulting company with more than 950 employees, specialized in the field of oil and gas. We are the partner of major players in the oil and gas industry and energy sector. Anotech ENERGY is a subsidiary that belongs to Alten S.A which is a French Engineering consulting group that counts over 17 000 employees in 16 countries, 57 by extension.
This position is based in Russia. Sr. Drilling Engineer will be involved in a major Oil & Gas operator’s project.
• Supervise the drilling engineering function and ensure quality well designs and programmes in compliance with the Company policy,
• Follow the WCM compliance system,
• Prepare offset well review for evaluation, leason learn and action plan,
• Preparation of drilling hazard review and risk assessments,
• Evaluate pore pressure/fracture gradient generation,
• Preparation of well design for peer review according to Well
• Engineering Minimum Operating Standards,
• Prepare casing/tubular design to meet pore pressures and frac gradients,
• Scrutinize drilling programmes from the DE’s,
• Work close with the engineering team, organize and supervise the work of junior engineers,
• Work with Drilling operations department to implement the drilling & completion programs whilst fostering teamwork between Company disciplines and departments and between Company and Service Providers,
• Prepare DWOP and TWOP to be held in Moscow or other place with Contractors
• Well budget preparation and cost monitoring,
• Comply with all HSE requirements,
• Assist in tender preparation/evaluation for long lead casing and wellheads,
• Carry out as required service company equipment inspections and evaluation of services,
• Assist in contract negotiations for non-tendered services and equipment,
• Assist in development of any specific safety and environmental documentation.
• Assist in HAZOP and RISK assessment for drilling operations,
• Assist in preparation of a testing Programme.
• Assist in logistics support where/when required
• Invoice checking where required
• Have Microsoft project expertise
• Have open wells knowledge and Landmark or other engineering design tool
• Work with Institutes and lead all changes in well contruction design
• Manage sub-contractors for drilling and related services
• Operation availability as needed for necessary decision making or operational advice
• Assist and ensure all documentation for drilling approval is prepared and submitted and drilling approval is obtained,
• Ensure effective and timely field well cost reporting and control,
• Preparation of lesson learn and comprehensive end of well report generated for each well
• Monitor well costs and equipment inventory,
• Ensure Karabashsky exploration operations are executed in compliance with
• Business Code of Conduct, HSE and quality control, design, programme, execute, monitor and improve well and rig activities,
• Ensure HSE Emergency Response Systems (MEDEVAC, BOCP, etc) is developed, documented, tested with simulation exercises and the Drilling Team is capable of responding to HSE emergencies,
• Participate in QHSE after action reviews for all drilling and completion operations
• Observe all company health, safety and environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to themselves and others,
Context and environment:
• Relocation (Moscow 70% / 30% Uray)
Qualifications and Experience required:
Onshore West Sibera, Oil and Gas Wells, Drilling Operations, Well Control (Valid IWCF certificate). Work experience with NOC and
international Oil Companies
Graduate specialist with minimum 7 years experience in the oil and gas industries.
Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
Russian language will be a plus
Good communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.